Government of Chhattisgarh carved out of Madhya Pradesh in the year 2000. Department of health & family welfare and medical education envisage to provide dedicated to provide preventive , promotive and curative health care service to the people of Chhattisgarh.
- Ensure adequate, qualitative, preventive & curative health care to people of the State.
- To ensure health care services to all particularly to the disadvantaged groups like scheduled tribes, scheduled castes & back ward classes.
- To provide affordable quality healthcare to the people of the State, not only through the allopathic systems of medicine but also through the homeopathic & ayurvedic systems.
- Provide universal health insurance and special assistance in case of medical emergency.
- Reduce morbidity and mortality due to communicable and non communicable diseases.
- To reduce maternal, infant & neo-natal mortality rates
- To improve medical care services at the primary, secondary & tertiary levels
- To produce technical Health human resources like Doctors, Nurses, and paramedical staff.